The Egyptian Prime Minister, Mostafa Madbouly, stressed the need for all contracting companies to take precautionary and preventive measures in confronting the Corona virus , and to operate at full capacity in all locations, citing that the construction sector is one of the most important sectors that provide jobs and achieve the desired development goals in the country .
Madbouly said, in a meeting with the Minister of Housing and Utilities, Assem El-Gazzar, on Wednesday, that the contracting sector is linked to more than 90 industries, and therefore should not be affected by the repercussions of the Corona virus, claiming that it is “the sector that is able to advance the homeland and move the wheel of work in this difficult period.” Globally, “he added.
completing administrative capital projects
The Madbouly directive comes despite the outbreak of the Coronavirus among quite a few workers in the contracting sector, especially in the projects of the new administrative capital, as well as the death of at least two leaders of the Engineering Authority of the Armed Forces due to infection , which oversees the majority of contracting projects affiliated with the state .
For his part, Al-Jazzar said that “the Ministry of Housing has contacted officials of various contracting companies with the aim of completing idle work and compensating the stoppage situation during the past period,” noting that the ministry has paid about 3.8 billion pounds of contracting company dues, so that it can pay workers’ dues.
Assurances from the Egyptian regime
Madbouly claimed that the infection and death figures due to the Corona virus in Egypt “indicate that things so far are still under control, and within the limits of the capacity of the Ministry of Health”, stressing the importance of monitoring the availability of food commodities, and that there be a daily, accurate review of the commodity stock in each governorate, To ensure that there is sufficient stock, especially with the approaching month of Ramadan.